How to create an online dating profile that will get you more swipes
Relationship expert, matchmaker and dating coach Laurie Berzack, MSW advises people to follow these five rules when creating an online dating profile:
- Be truthful and transparent. Don’t misrepresent yourself. You are wonderful the way you are—share these wonderful things on your profile. This is not the place to be vague or mysterious. You want your profile to be an authentic glimpse into who you are, what matters to you, what makes you unique, and what you’re looking for in a partner.
- Be optimistic. Check your negativity at the door when you’re writing your profile. What do you love about yourself? What do you love in a potential partner? What are all the amazing things you bring to the table? If you can’t answer these, ask your loved ones and closest friends. They could give you a perspective you never even considered.
- Don’t bring up lightning rod topics like your exes or politics. Keep it even-keeled for the purposes of your profile content.
- Talk more about what you have to offer than what you’re looking for. It’s fine to talk about what you want your future relationship to look like, but for every “want” make sure you give one or more things you have to offer. This helps people get a deeper sense of who you are.
- Words are important, but the photo is the most important part of your profile. Make sure it’s recent, and make every effort to include the date the photo was taken in the actual photo. Don’t worry if you’re not a size two model fresh off the runway. The people we work with are all shapes and sizes, and the clients who have the most success are the ones who stay open-minded about who they meet with.
01 Mar 2021
Fox 46: Single and not ready to mingle? Pandemic puts Charlotte on list for worst dating cities
15 Feb 2021
QC Life: Celebrating Singles Awareness Day
12 Feb 2021
QC Life: Getting to know Carolinas Matchmaker
19 Nov 2020
How to End a Bad Virtual Date
18 Nov 2020
How to Respond When Someone Cancels a Date
10 Nov 2020
WBTV: Good Question: What is zombieing?
21 Aug 2020
QC Life: Dating During a Pandemic
15 May 2020
Spectrum News: Dating during a Pandemic
13 Apr 2020
WBTV QC Life: Charlotte Matchmaker Creates Facebook Group for Singles
07 Apr 2020