Surprisingly Intimate Questions That’ll Take Your Connection With Your Partner To The Next Level
- Do you believe in karma? This is a good way to start a conversation about whether and to what extent each of you believes there is a reaction or consequence to your actions.
- Do you believe in a higher power? This question can reveal the inner workings of your partner, and whether that person has faith in something that he or she cannot see.
- If you do believe in God, do you believe in free will or do you think that there’s a grand plan that will determine how everything will roll out? This also has to do with faith, and it could bring clarity, solace and hope to people who are hurting as a result of negative things happening in their lives.
- What is on your bucket list for the next 5/10/20 years? This is a good way to start talking about goals, ambitions, and priorities.
- What was the scariest moment of your life and how did you handle it? Vulnerability brings people closer, so starting a conversation with this question can get you both to a vulnerable place while still being in a “safe” conversation.
- When is the last time you cried, and why? This is another good vulnerability question, and it will get you both talking about things that matter most to you.
- Who in this world do you laugh with so hard that you cry? Your significant other’s first reaction will be to smile, which will make him or her feel relaxed. Then you can start talking about who matters most in your lives, and what you both find humorous. Laughter is one of the best ways to get close to another person.
- Do you have any regrets or remorse in your life? If so, what are they? If not, why not? Another deep question that will lead to a deep conversation without either of you feeling threatened.
- What are you most afraid of? This question brings up vulnerability, connection (or lack thereof) to a higher power, and life priorities.
- What is your favorite way to travel (backpack, five-star hotel, a planned itinerary or winging it)? This is a fun, low-stakes question that can result in the two of you making plans for the future – something that definitely brings two people closer.
01 Mar 2021
Fox 46: Single and not ready to mingle? Pandemic puts Charlotte on list for worst dating cities
15 Feb 2021
QC Life: Celebrating Singles Awareness Day
12 Feb 2021
QC Life: Getting to know Carolinas Matchmaker
19 Nov 2020
How to End a Bad Virtual Date
18 Nov 2020
How to Respond When Someone Cancels a Date
10 Nov 2020
WBTV: Good Question: What is zombieing?
21 Aug 2020
QC Life: Dating During a Pandemic
15 May 2020
Spectrum News: Dating during a Pandemic
13 Apr 2020
WBTV QC Life: Charlotte Matchmaker Creates Facebook Group for Singles
07 Apr 2020