Relationship advice for a struggling relationship
Tips for what to do before splitting up in a relationship (to give it your greatest shot).
- Try treating your partner like you did when you first started dating. This means prioritizing them, thinking about them constantly, and trying to figure out how to make them happy. Set up an alert in your phone to call them once a day or write them a love letter. Think about the first couple of months you spent together and how excited you were just to see your partner! Try to visualize what this looked and felt like.
- Figure out their love language (https://www.5lovelanguages.com/) and give them gifts based on what their language is! This can be anything from a rose for someone whose love language is receiving gifts to a massage for someone who enjoys physical touch.
- People get so stuck in their routines, and in addition to kids, work, etc., these routines can get in the way of your relationship. Switch it up! Change your routines! Take up a new activity with your partner, whether that is running or playing tennis.
- Communicate very effectively about what you desire from your partner, and also evaluate whether you are putting too much emphasis on your partner being everything to you. One person can’t satisfy everything in life. You can learn to communicate by identifying five specific bullet points about what you want to improve and how it can be improved.
- Put down your phones! Life is already distracting enough, and spending more time on your phone and with the outside world shows your partner they are not a priority.
01 Mar 2021
Fox 46: Single and not ready to mingle? Pandemic puts Charlotte on list for worst dating cities
15 Feb 2021
QC Life: Celebrating Singles Awareness Day
12 Feb 2021
QC Life: Getting to know Carolinas Matchmaker
19 Nov 2020
How to End a Bad Virtual Date
18 Nov 2020
How to Respond When Someone Cancels a Date
10 Nov 2020
WBTV: Good Question: What is zombieing?
21 Aug 2020
QC Life: Dating During a Pandemic
15 May 2020
Spectrum News: Dating during a Pandemic
13 Apr 2020
WBTV QC Life: Charlotte Matchmaker Creates Facebook Group for Singles
07 Apr 2020